My photo
Leicester, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My favorite thing is to ride my bike. This is where I am most inspired and creative. Oh, same for when i am about to go to bed as well... that really pisses me off! I have started keeping a notebook by the side of my bed because you never remember the ideas in the morning! Trying my hand at poetry. It's a great way to get shit off your chest!

Monday 19 October 2009

Leggy?

Ahoy there mateys. i am sitting here pondering the vernaculars of folk in leicester. the most recent word to surface into outstanding popularity is "leggy" this basically means Leicester. this word has been created as a slang word for the city in which they live in. Personally i like it, it has bite and it rolls from ones tongue very easily.
my point is that "leggy" is not a new phenomenon. Many moons ago i lived next to a park called Western Park. as kids we used to shorten Western to "Weggy." therefore, "leggy" is in actual fact a derivative of "Weggy"

what you make of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment